My family loves stir fry, crab Rangoon, egg rolls, you name it. Making veggie spring rolls seemed a logical next step (because in all honesty I’m a bit intimidated thinking of rolling my own sushi).
Often I make these during summertime so I don’t have to turn on the oven or my crockpot. A light, crunchy, flavorful roll that can be an appetizer or a main meal!
- 4 spring roll wrappers
- 1 cup lettuce (green leaf, endive, any crunchy leaf lettuce)
- 1 cup shredded or finely julienned carrots
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped peanuts
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup peanut sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Extra peanut sauce for dipping
- In a bowl, combine lettuce, carrots, green onions, peanuts and cilantro. Add peanut sauce and vinegar and mix until coated.
- Dip spring roll wrap into shallow dish filled with warm/hot water for about 15 seconds until slightly softened. Place wrap on wooden cutting board, pat dry with paper towel on both sides.
- Place 2-3 tbsp of mixture in center of wrap in a horizontal line. Fold sides of wrap in. Fold bottom of wrap over mixture and gently press to top of wrap to create seal. Roll wrap up.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and mixture. Serve with extra peanut sauce.