I love grilling salmon on cedar planks for a great flavor, but when you want a tasty appetizer this is the way to go!
I have used fresh or packaged and canned smoked salmon; they all work well. I've also added red pepper and hot sauce for a spicier version.
- 8 oz package cream or Neufchatel cheese
- 1-2 tbsp. miracle whip
- ½ tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- ½ - 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- dash pepper
- ¼ - ½ cup smoked salmon, chopped
- 1-2 green onions, chopped
- Combine cream cheese, mayo and lemon/lime juice. Blend in seasonings, then add salmon and green onions. Refrigerate until ready to serve; serve with crackers or bread.